Building a Dashboard Tutorial¶
In this tutorial, we will build a dashboard in Arundo Fabric.
The tutorial is divided into the following sections:
- Learning Objectives - things you will know how to do after completing the tutorial.
- Setup - set up necessary before you get started.
- Instructions - instructions on how to complete the tutorial.
- Finishing Up - challenges and further reading for after the tutorial.
After completing this tutorial, you will know how to:
- Build dashboards
- View dashboards
- Share dashboards with other users
Before you start the tutorial, you must do the following:
- Get an Arundo Fabric user account
- Add input tags for the dashboard in Arundo Edge or the Tags Manager
Now let's get started...
1. Build a Dashboard¶
The first step is to build a dashboard using the Dashboard Builder. To do this, complete the following:
- Access Arundo Fabric.
Select Dashboards on the Navigation bar.
The Dashboards Builder displays.
Click Create Dashboard.
- Click the dashboard name, enter a name, and click Save Changes.
Add a panel to show data on the dashboard:
- Click New in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Under Panel Name, enter a name for the panel to indicate the data shown.
- Under Select a Panel Type, select a display format for the panel.
- Under Define Source, select the tag for which to display values on the panel.
- In Units, enter unit of measurement for the data shown.
- Adjust the Precision and Limits & Colors as necessary.
Adjust the size and position of the panel:
- Drag and drop the panel into the desired position.
- Drag the bottom right corner of the panel to adjust its size.
Click Save Changes.
- Repeat Steps 5 to 7 to add additional panels to the dashboard.
2. View the Dashboard¶
The final step is to view the dashboard. To do this, click Open this dashboard in View Mode under the dashboard name. A preview of the dashboard displays in a new tab.
To make the dashboard visible to other users, do the following:
- Move back to the Dashboards Builder.
- Click Dashboards in the top left corner of the page.
- Click Draft next to the dashboard.
Congratulations! You've now built a dashboard in Arundo Fabric. We hope you now understand how to use dashboards to enhance your data analytics.
Want to expand your knowledge further? Try the following:
Install Arundo Edge and connect it to your industrial control system. This will give you the ability to stream sensor data from your industrial assets to Arundo Fabric. You can then display that data on a dashboard.